To see our most recent sermons please click on the files below.
The Pulpit comes out of the earlier St Mary Abbots Church. Made of oak, it is hexagonal with an inlaid panel on each facet. Believed to be the work of local joiner Jasper Orchard it was given to the church by King William III in 1697. The panels have monograms, letters and crowns which are hard to identify other than the date 1697 the letters WMR.
It is also possible to identify the monogram of Queen Anne. At the King’s invitation, she moved into the Palace with her husband Prince George of Denmark. She did not ascend the throne until five years later, but she was already known for “her zeal for religious duties and the prosperity of the Church...”
4th July 2021
Fr Christopher's welcome service